The GSPre is both a line stage and phono stage, with programmable functionality and flexibility, making it the perfect solution to adapt and grow in your system. The phono stage is no mere afterthought, but a separate, vacuum tube-powered circuit providing enough gain for a variety of phono cartridges. When listening conditions require a more personal experience, the GSPre also has a headphone amplifier capable of driving a range of headphone impedances. The front panel layout is designed to simply and clearly display all functions and information, and integrates beautifully with the rest of the chassis and the G-Series amplifier.• Stereo Vacuum tube Line and Phono preamplifier with Headphone amplifier in one attractive package.• Pure Class-A differential amplifiers in the Line stages, no feedback.
• Pure Class-A SE amplifiers in the Phono stages, no feedback.
• VF display with Blue LED’s for Phono Loads and mode selected, and rotating Volume & Input Select encoder.
• Hand held IR Remote and RS-232 and remote IR inputs for whole home audio system.
• Balance and SE input/output.
• 7 levels of voltage regulation and a low noise R-core power transformer.
• Phono stage features low noise JFET inputs and 6H30 outputs as well as programmable loading.
• Line stage features low noise JFET inputs and 2 parallel 6H30 outputs.
• Features custom designed coupling capacitors in the line and phono stages.
• +12v trigger output to turn on power amplifier and other system components.
• Low distortion vacuum tube headphone amplifier designed for driving a wide impedance range, 30-300 ohms.
• Removable 15A IEC power cord.
line: +/-.3dB 2Hz to 80kHz; : -3dB 0.8Hz to 220KHz
Phono: +/- 0.1dB of RIAA 10Hz to 20KHz, +/-0.4dB 5Hz to 80KHz
Headphone: +/-0.05dB 20Hz to 20KHz; : -3dB 0.8Hz to 220KHz
THD+N @ 1KHZ
line:002% at 2V RMS, Bal output
Phono: <.005% at 3V RMS output, to Record output
Headphone: <.009% at 1V RMS output
GAIN @ 1KHZ
line: 13.8 dB, Processor: 0dB
Phono: 58dB @ 1KHz to Record output
line: <-101dBV volume at max.
Phono: <-77dBV to Record output
Headphone: <-88dBV volume at max.
CHANNEL SEPARATION @ 1KHZZZ
line: > 75dB Balanced output
Phono: >70dB to Record output
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 1KHZ, A-WEIGHTED
line: >125dB Balanced output
Phono: >94dB to Record output
150K ohms Balanced, 75K ohms SE; Phono impedance programmable (100, 200, 500, 1000 or 47K ohms w/200pf unbalanced)
OUTPUT IMPEDANCE @ 1KHZ
500 ohms Balanced, 250 ohms SE; <.05 ohms Headphone SE.
line: 12V RMS Balanced, 6.0V RMS SE.
Phono: 11mV RMS at 1KHz.
line: 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200K ohms balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 15V RMS at less than .5% THD+N at 1KHz.)
Phono: 0.5V RMS into 200K load, Max output same as Line stage.
Headphone: 6V RMS maximum into 30 to 300 ohm load.
Volume, Input Selector.
5 Push Buttons: Power, Mute, SPKR Off, Mono, Menu.
Rear; RS-232 control, Remote IR input & Remote Trigger out.
Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies.
Automatic 45 sec. warm-up & brown-out mute.
Line regulation better than .01%.
(6) 6H30P dual triodes.
100-125VAC 60HZ (200-250VAC 50/60Hz) 105 Watts. Standby: 1.5 Watts.