Designing the CX Series amplifiers was a labour of love; the product of a team dedicated to extracting every drop of pleasure and detail from all genres of music. These amplifiers will help you discover a new dimension of sound.
To journey deeper into the music you love, the CXA80 has been designed from the ground up with built-in digital to analogue conversion capabilities. Using a high-specification 24-bit/192kHz WM8740 DAC chip from Wolfson, the CXA80 offers a powerful upgrade for all your digital sources. And because we’ve designed it with digital in mind, it features two optical inputs, a co-axial digital input and an asynchronous USB Audio socket, so you can play your music directly from your PC or Mac. Add an optional BT100 Bluetooth dongle and you’ve got aptX streaming direct from your smartphone or tablet, allowing access to music from Spotify, Youtube, and a host of others.
Analogue sources are equally well catered for with balanced XLR inputs, RCA inputs and a front 3.5mm aux jack. In use, the CXA80 is a delight. The floating effect of the chassis, the brushed finish, and the easy-to-read front panel, all create an amplifier that’s as beautiful on the outside as it’s well engineered on the inside.
Whatever your source, the CXA80 will reveal new depths and layers of sound, letting you re-discover your favourite music.
- Power output:80W RMS into 8 Ohms, 120W RMS into 4 Ohms
- DAC:Wolfson WM8740
- Frequency Response:<5Hz– 60kHz +/-1dB
- Analogue audio inputs1x balanced XLR, 4 x RCA, 1 x 3.5mm MP3 input (front panel)
- Digital audio inputs:1 x S/PDIF coaxial, 2 x TOSLINK optical, 1 x USB audio, Bluetooth via BT100 (not supplied)
- Compatibility:TOSLINK optical, S/PDIF coaxial, USB 1.0 and 2.0, BT100 Bluetooth receiver
- Outputs:Speakers A+B, 3.5mm headphone, Preamp Output, Subwoofer Output
- Max power consumption:750W
- Standby power consumption:<0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D)*:115 x 430 x 341mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 13.4”)
- Weight:8.7kg (19.1lbs)