The LTD tone-arm used on the Versalex, like all WTL arms, does not have a bearing in the normal sense. Many tone-arm bearings use high quality ball bearings that have clearances in the low micron range. However, that is where all the action takes place. The Versalex bearing has zero clearance and very high damping for unrivaled performance. The tone-arm uses a golf ball partially immersed in high viscosity silicone fluid to provide the damped, zero clearance bearing. The degree of damping is easily adjustable.
Tracking force and skating moment are instantaneously and dynamically adjusted according to the demands of the musicThe Versalex bearing uses a Teflon thrust bearing. The stainless steel spindle has a precision point and rests in a small hole in the Teflon thrust bearing to achieve very low noise. The Veralex achieves astonishingly low noise and wow & flutter.
- Symmetrex tone arm configuration
- “Zero Clearance” platter bearing
- Servo controlled motor with vibration controlled mounting
- 0.004” polyester thread belt
- Fully damped LTD tonearm featuring golf ball suspended in silicone fluid for optimum variable damping – Easy azimuth adjustment
- Fixed headshell with no fussy setup
- Isolation feet included
- Acrylic platter
- “Baltic” Plywood plinth finished in real walnut