The most powerful amplifier in the Topaz range offering an immense 100 watts per channel, backed by a dedicated subwoofer output as well as two sets of speaker outputs. It also features analogue inputs, digital inputs, a phono stage, an FM receiver and an MP3 input, so it will connect and play virtually anything you throw at it.
Thanks to it’s onboard Wolfson DAC (Digital to analogue converter) the SR20 provides three digital audio inputs, allowing the connection of digital sources such as streamers, TVs or laptops and it will then play them all with incredible detail and depth.
Continuing the comprehensive specification and attention to detail, the SR20 features a built-in MM Phono stage, bringing your vinyl to life! Turntables fitted with phono cartridges of either the Moving Magnet (MM) or high output Moving Coil (MC) type (between 2-6mV output and 30-50k load impedance) can be used.
POWER IN RESERVE
We strive for audio perfection, which is why SR20 features a powerful toroidal transformer. We were one of the first manufacturers to use toroidal transformers in the 1970s, and we continue to use them today. Some of the benefits of a toroidal transformer, over the cheaper, inferior EI transformers used by most other manufacturers are:
- High quality power output to the amplification circuits, with no clipping, transformer noise, buzz or hum, to provide a consistent signal
- High power output, to allow large and demanding speakers to be driven at high volumes with sensational bass performance
- Large power reserves, to allow the transformer to deliver high peaks of volume when required
- Power output100 watts (into 8 ohms)
- DACWolfson WM8728
- THD (unweighted)<0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power
- Frequency response (-1dB)5Hz – 50kHz
- S/N ratio (ref 1W)>82dB (unweighted)
- Input impedances47k ohms
- Power amp damping factor>50
- Maximum power consumption<0.5W
- Bass/treble controlsShelving, ultimate boost/cut, +/-10dB@100Hz and 20kHz
- Digital inputsPCM 16-24-bit
S/P DIF coaxial 32-192kHz
TOSlink optical 32-96kHz
- TunerFM/AM (EU and US bands)
(H x W x D)110 x 430 x 340mm (4.3 x 16.9 x 13.4”)
- Weight8.1kg (17.8lbs)
ALL METAL DESIGN
Electronics (and therefore sound quality) are particularly susceptible to vibration; that’s why we’ve used a low resonance, acoustically-dampened metal chassis to eliminate as much vibration as possible, ensuring that the most sound quality is extracted from every source.