To do this, two 130mm paper drivers utilising an ultra-high force motor system are used in partnership with a 25mm soft dome tweeter. The 2.5-way crossover features a unique topology allowing integration and power handling previously unachievable from this type of speaker. Particular attention has been paid to the phase and time alignment for the most cohesive performance possible.
Like the AE100² stand-mount speaker, the driver and crossover are housed within a substantial 15mm HDF cabinet that takes styling cues from the award winning 500 Series. The result is an audio product with clean and uncluttered lines that can still deliver the thrilling and powerful presentation Acoustic Energy owners have come to expect. Black and walnut vinyl veneer finishes are available.
• Drive Unit: 130mm paper cones
• Tweeter: 25mm fabric dome
• Frequency Range: 41Hz – 26kHz
• Sensitivity: 89dB
• Peak SPL: 115dB
• Power Handling: 175w
• Crossover Frequency: 275Hz, 2.5kHz
• Impedance: 6ohms
• Design: 2.5-way
• Grilles: Slim, cloth magnetic fit
• Dimensions: 860 x 165 x 250 (HxWxD)
• Weight: 16kg (each)
• Finishes: Black and Walnut vinyl