The AE520 features two dedicated 125mm mid-range drivers, three low frequency drivers and a 25mm tweeter – all fashioned from carbon fibre to provide perfect tonal matching across the frequency range.
The two dedicated 125mm carbon fibre mid-drivers include new oversized 35mm voice coils for low thermal compression and optimum motor force factor. Both are mounted within their own dedicated sealed enclosure whilst the three dedicated low frequency drivers are reflex loaded by a large rear facing rectangular port. Designed to match the pistonic power and accuracy of our legendary ceramic aluminium drivers, these new units offer much improved self-damping for a smoother, more transparent sound.
Vertical directivity has been optimised to provide excellent vertical coverage whilst reducing the energy otherwise wasted on ceiling and floor reflections when compared to traditional designs.
The slim-line cabinets are finished in Piano Gloss Black, Piano Gloss White or American Walnut wood veneer finishes. Solid aluminium bars are supplied to ensure rigid floor-coupling and maximum stability, whilst the stiffness of the metal structure reduces the room to speaker interaction.
• Drive Units: 125mm Carbon Fibre cones
• Tweeter: 25mm Carbon Fibre dome
• Bandwidth: 30Hz-28kHz (+/- 6dB)
• Sensitivity: 90dB
• Peak SPL: 113dB
• Power Handling: 300w
• Crossover Frequency: 373Hz / 2.8kHz Impedance: 6ohms
• Design: 3 way
• Dimensions: 1130 (with spikes) x 185 x 320 (HxWxD)
• Weight: 30Kg (per speaker)
• Finishes: Piano Black Gloss, Piano White Gloss and American Walnut wood veneer